An exciting opportunity has arisen within an In House Medical team for a leading personal injury firm in the North West. The team is responsible for successfully managing solicitor relationships and new instructions from solicitors dealing with personal injury, clinical negligence and catastrophic claims. Our teams will book an appointment with our panel of experts, request medical records when required and provide regular updates to the solicitors on the progress of the case, right through to receiving the medical report.
· To work efficiently and accurately in line with our values and targets.
· Setting up new instructions and booking appointments to the required service levels and specifications of each solicitor.
· Liaising with and chasing GP surgeries, clients and hospitals where necessary for the required information.
· Liaise with experts and clients to arrange appointments and obtain medico-legal reports.
· Build and maintain relationships with solicitors and experts.
· Proving regular updates on case progress to the Solicitors.
· To provide excellent customer service to solicitors and clients at every opportunity.
· Setting diaries where needed to progress each case.
· The person appointed will be able to work to targets in a busy environment.
· Excellent communication and telephone skills.
· Customer service skills.
· A keenness to learn and develop and pick up new skills.
· You will be an enthusiastic team player.
· Previous knowledge of the industry and Proclaim is desirable.
· In addition to these skills, the candidate will require the following English and Maths to G.C.S.E standard Grade C or equivalent Computer literate Package
37.5 Hours Mon-Fri
20 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays + 4 flexi days per quarter
To apply please send your CV to Lesley Wells: email@example.com