LEGAL ASSISTANT CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE TEAM
The company & role
Jefferies Solicitors is an award-winning Personal Injury firm that is currently looking for a Paralegal to assist its busy and well-established Clinical Negligence team with a strong emphasis on providing outstanding client care and service. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a thriving firm located in the heart of Altrincham town centre with easy and accessible transport routes. The firm has a strong culture of developing Paralegals and Trainees and a solid strategy in place for future growth.
You will be working for the team providing administrative and paralegal support to the team, handling client enquiries, requesting and reviewing medical records, preparing chronologies, and assisting the team with the screening process. The role is an immediate start for the right candidate. Some experience within the Clinical Negligence sector is preferable but applications from those with a minimum of 6 – 12 months experience within the personal injury sector are also encouraged.
We are keen to speak with applicants who can demonstrate a genuine interest in Personal Injury work and who possess the following:
- Complete administrative duties such as photocopying, answering and directing phone calls, and dealing with client queries where possible.
- Proactively supporting lawyers with the day-to-day progression of the screening process of these files.
- Requesting and obtaining medical records.
- Reviewing medical records and preparing chronologies.
- Liaising with clients and other professions and third parties as well as internal teams in a courteous and helpful manner
- Ensuring internal procedures and workflows are adhered to in relation to each file.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Possesses a courteous and professional demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience working within the Personal Injury sector would be preferable but not mandatory.
- Aptitude to proactively maintain and manage your own workload
- Confidence and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent client care service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
Added extras and benefits
- Flexible working (flexi-time)
- Generous annual leave and the opportunity to earn extra days (plus Christmas closure)
- Opportunity to work from home.
To apply for the position then please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org