The company & role
Jefferies Solicitors is an Award-winning Personal Injury firm who currently looking for a Paralegal to assist their busy and well-established Personal Injury team with a strong emphasis on providing outstanding client care and service. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a thriving firm located in the heart of Altrincham town centre with easy and accessible transport routes. The firm has a strong culture of developing Paralegals and Trainees and a solid strategy in place for future growth.
You will be working for three of the firm’s solicitors in providing administrative and paralegal support to the team, handling client enquiries and preparing documents where required. The role is an immediate start for the right candidate. Some experience within the personal injury sector would be preferable.
We are keen to speak with applicants who can demonstrate a genuine interest in Personal Injury work and who possess the following:
- Complete administrative duties such as photocopying, answering and directing phone calls, and dealing with client queries where possible.
- Proactively supporting lawyers with the day-to-day progression of files.
- Liaising with clients and other professions and third parties as well as internal teams in a courteous and helpful manner .
- Attending meetings and sitting behind Counsel in Court for note-taking.
- Assisting with any risk compliance elements associated with case work.
- Ensuing internal procedures and workflows are adhered to in relation to each file.
- Assist with accounting and billing.
- Conducting research and collating information to include preparing Trial Bundles
- Reviewing medical records and preparing schedule of relevant entries
- Schedule meetings with clients and conferences with Counsel and experts
- Arrange Legal Hearings and court attendance
- Process third party invoices
- Drafting Instructions to Counsel, pre-action disclosure Applications, and witness evidence/taking instructions from witnesses
- Organising the team’s diary entries and task lists through the use of the firm’s case management system .
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Possesses a courteous and professional demeanor
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Some experience working within the Personal Injury sector would be preferable but not mandatory.
- Aptitude to proactively maintain and manage your own workload
- Confidence and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work within a fast paced environment.
- Excellent client care service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
Added extras and benefits
- Flexible working (flexi-time)
- Generous annual leave and the opportunity to earn extra days (plus Christmas closure)
- To apply send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org