Job Posted: 17th July 2020
We welcome applications for this role on either a full-time (5 days a week) or part-time (2 days a week) basis. Please state if you wish to apply for full-time or part-time in your cover letter.
Jefferies Solicitors is looking to recruit a Receptionist. As the first point of contact for the firm, it is important that a receptionist gives a good all-round first impression. A receptionist should be of smart appearance and must try to establish a good rapport with people to help make visitors and clients feel at ease and looked after.
The main tasks you will be expected to carry out are:
- Greeting visitors, offering them refreshments and directing them to the right person
- Answering queries
- Answering calls and taking messages
- Screening phone calls
- Keeping the reception area tidy
- Looking after the ‘visitor’ book and security passes
- Receipt of courier parcels
- Arranging meetings
- Providing administrative assistance for fee earners, including typing
- Cover for postroom tasks when necessary, including scanning incoming post and processing outgoing post
- Arranging for files to be transferred in and out of storage
- A receptionist should enjoy dealing with the public
- Have a polite friendly manner
- Have an outgoing personality
- Have good written and spoken communication skills
- The ability to stay calm under pressure
- Have good organisational skills
- Be discreet and tactful
- Be courteous but firm when dealing with difficult clients
- Have a good memory for faces – regulars like to be remembered
- Be efficient and well organised
- Be self motivated and able to use their initiative
- Be confident when using a computer and office equipment
The receptionist is responsible to the Office Manager.
They are also responsible to the Directors of the firm: Monina Ramsden and Michael Jefferies.
If you believe this opportunity is for you, then please email a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org