Have a question? Call us FREE on
0800 342 3206 |
0333 323 1422

Holiday Slips, Trips & Falls Claims

Home » Holiday Sickness & Accidents » Holiday Slips, Trips & Falls Claims

Call our solicitors on

0800 342 3206



Excellent service. Thank you all. Really glad I chose you to handle my case.

Mrs W from Reading, Berkshire
See more testimonials

Any injury is traumatic, but suffering an injury on holiday, in an unfamiliar environment, is even more distressing.

If you have slipped and become injured on a package holiday within the last three years you may be entitled to compensation. If your pain and suffering were caused by the fault or negligence of hotel staff or your tour operator, you could hold them liable.

Holiday injuries can be caused by a number of different factors. You may have slipped by the pool, tripped on some stairs at your hotel, or been injured on an organised excursion. If you can prove that your injury was not your fault, you may have a valid claim.

If your holiday was a package holiday, you will be protected by The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992. This legislation states that your tour operator has a duty of care to protect you in the supply of your holiday.

What to do if you’re injured abroad

If you are injured abroad, it’s important that you take the following steps:

  • Seek medical attention as soon as possible for your injury. If you see a doctor or visit a hospital, request a copy of your medical report.
  • Keep the receipts for any medication you buy or treatment you receive. You might be able to recover these costs through your claim.
  • Report the incident to your travel representative or the hotel management. They should have an accident book in which it should be recorded.
  • Speak to any witnesses to the incident and make a note of their details. They might be able to provide you with a supporting statement that will help strengthen your claim.
  • Take photos of your injuries as well as of the place where the accident happened.
  • When you return home, visit your GP and contact a solicitor to help you navigate the legal process.

Some claims for accidents on holiday need to be brought in the country in which the accident occurred. However, it is sometimes possible to pursue holiday accident compensation from the UK.

What’s included in your compensation

As well as compensation for your injuries, you may also be able to claim for other losses. These include the cost of activities you may have missed out on during the remainder of your holiday or a loss of earnings if you were unable to work because of your injury after returning back to the UK.

Share this page