Care Workers Compensation
If you are a care worker or care assistant and you have become injured in an accident at work then you could be entitled to claim. If the accident wasn’t your fault, you could make a care workers compensation claim.
Working as a care assistant is often a very physically demanding job. Lifting and being mobile are two essential parts of the role. If you injure yourself while working in a residential or nursing home because of your employer’s negligence, then it is likely you have a valid personal injury claim.
Types Of Care Worker Accidents And Injuries
Care worker injuries at work are very varied and no one care worker injury is the same. Below are some of the more common injuries and accidents that can happen:
- If your employer has not provided manual handling training and you have suffered a back injury through lifting, then they could be responsible for your injuries
- If you have slipped or tripped in a car park owned by your employer
- A needlestick injury can sometimes occur in an environment where medication is distributed and used on a regular basis
- Burn and scalding injuries can happen if you are preparing food and drink for residents in a care home
- Physical assaults can also happen in a care or nursing home workplace. Injuries are varied and most are usually minor
Care Worker Employment And Accidents At Work
If you can prove that your employer did not comply with the necessary health and safety procedures and that this contributed to your injury, you could be eligible to claim. All claims must be started within three years of your accident occurring.
There are many things that your employer should do to protect you from having an accident at work. These include:
- providing Personal Protective Clothing (PPE)
- administering risk assessments on a regular basis
- providing appropriate training
- making sure that the equipment used by employees is maintained properly.
Care Worker Claims With Jefferies Solicitors
If you would like to know more about claiming for an accident at work, please contact our no win, no fee solicitors at Jefferies. We have years of experience in dealing with workplace accidents and will work hard to get you the compensation you are entitled to. To begin your claim, get in touch on 0800 342 3206 or complete one of our online claim forms.