Healthcare Assistant Claims
If you are a healthcare assistant and you have become injured in an accident at work, you could be entitled to claim personal injury compensation. Talk to us about healthcare assistant claims, we are here to help you.
Call us for a free, no-obligation conversation on 0800 342 3206 or contact us online.Contact Our Experts
TYPES OF HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT CLAIMS
Working as a healthcare assistant is often a very physically demanding job. Lifting and being mobile are two essential parts of the role. If you injure yourself while working in a hospital, residential or nursing home because of your employer’s negligence, then it is likely you have a valid personal injury claim.
Healthcare assistant injuries are very varied and no injury is the same. Below are some of the more common injuries and accidents that can happen:
- If your employer has not provided manual handling training and you have suffered a back injury through lifting, then they could be responsible for your injuries.
- If you have slipped or tripped in a car park owned by your employer.
- A needlestick injury can sometimes occur in an environment where medication is distributed and used on a regular basis.
- Burn and scalding injuries can happen if you are preparing food and drink for residents in a care home.
- Physical assaults can also happen in a hospital, other care, or nursing home workplace.
HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT WORKER EMPLOYMENT AND ACCIDENTS AT WORK
If you can prove that your employer did not comply with the necessary health and safety procedures and that this contributed to your injury, you could be eligible to claim. However, it’s important to remember that all claims must be started within three years of your accident occurring.
There are many things that your employer should do to protect you from having an accident at work. These include:
- Providing Personal Protective Clothing (PPE)
- Administering risk assessments on a regular basis
- Providing appropriate training
- Making sure that the equipment used by employees is maintained properly.
Healthcare Assistant COMPENSATION Claims
Even if your workplace injury doesn’t seem that serious at the time, it could still result in lost earnings, medical expenses and other costs. Compensation can provide you with the money you need to cover these expenses and help you concentrate firmly on your recovery. It can also highlight the health and safety issues in your workplace and prevent others from having a similar experience.
By their very nature, accidents are unpredictable. However, many are entirely preventable and occur as a result of negligence when it comes to workplace health and safety. If you have been injured at work in an incident that came about due to your employer neglecting their duty of care, you may be entitled to compensation.
To do this you will need to be able to demonstrate that:
- You were an employee of the company
- Your employer neglected their duty of care
- This negligence was the cause of your injury
Being able to demonstrate these points indicates that your employer is responsible for your injury due to the breach of their duty of care. In that case, you should seek legal advice from a personal injury lawyer. If you are eligible, your solicitor will secure you the compensation you deserve.
With this in mind, if you’ve been injured in the workplace due to your employer’s negligence, contact Jefferies on 0800 048 8710 or complete our enquiry form. One of our team will call you back as soon as possible to discuss your case and help you claim the compensation you deserve.TRY THE ONLINE ELIGIBILITY CHECKER
Healthcare Assistant Claims WITH JEFFERIES
If you would like to know more about claiming for an accident at work, contact Jefferies on 0800 342 3206 or complete one of our online claim forms.
OTHER ACCIDENTS AT WORK CLAIMS
At Jefferies, we can help with a wide range of types of accident at work claims, including factory accidents, construction accidents and commercial kitchen accidents. If you’ve been involved in another kind of accident, we may be able to help you.
Start your compensation claim with Jefferies today. You can either call us free on 0800 324 3206 or enquire online and one of our team will be in touch with you to discuss your potential personal injury claim in more detail, on an informal and confidential basis.
Where next? Read: