Claims Against Primark
If you have been injured while shopping in or working at a retail store, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Our specialist solicitors will be able to advise you whether or not you have a potential claim. Call our team on 0800 342 3206 or contact us online to request a call-back.
Accidents in Primark
Retailers have a duty of care to their customers, there are regulations in place to protect shoppers from injury.
If a retailer has failed in its duty to keep you safe while you are shopping in its stores and you become injured as a result, you may have cause to make a retailer injury compensation claim.
Common types of accidents in Primark
There are a number of different kinds of accidents that might occur in a retail store, including:
- Slips trips and falls, caused by, loose items on the floor, spillages or defective flooring
- Injuries caused by falling items such as merchandise falling off shelves onto shoppers
- Falls down stairs or escalators
- Accidents involving lifts
- Injuries caused by poorly maintained or defective signs, stands or shelves
Injured while working for Primark
Like all employers, retailers must keep their employees safe while they are at work and must put measures in place in order to do so.
If you have been injured while working for a retailer because your employer has failed to provide you with a safe working environment or protect you from hazards, you may be able to claim for an accident at work.
How to make a claim against Primark
If you are injured as a customer or employee, there are a number of steps you should take if you are considering making a personal injury claim.
- Report your accident as soon as possible. Inform a member of staff that you have been injured and ask them to record it in the store accident book. If you have been injured at work, tell a colleague and make sure that your accident is recorded.
- Make sure you visit your GP or local A&E to ensure that your injuries are properly assessed and treated.
- Take photos of the accident scene if you have been injured in-store by defective equipment or have tripped or fallen. These photos will help us to assess the merits of your claim and could be important evidence later on in your case.
- Speak to anyone who witnessed your accident and make a note of their names and contact details. They may be able to provide a witness statement to help strengthen your claim.
- Contact us. When making any kind of accident claim, it is essential that you have a specialist on your side.
You have just three years from the date of your accident in which to make a claim so it is important that you begin the legal process as soon as possible. If you are a minor or would like to claim on behalf of a child, the three-year timeframe begins on the date of their eighteenth birthday.
AMOUNT OF COMPENSATION IN CLAIMS AGAINST PRIMARK
All personal injury cases are unique and so the amount of compensation that is awarded in each case is also unique. The amount of compensation that is awarded is determined by looking at two distinct factors – general damages and special damages.
The pain and suffering that your injuries have caused is the main factor that is used to determine how much compensation you are owed. This will usually be determined by undergoing a medical examination, from which a report is created that outlines the length of time the injuries will take to heal as well as their severity.
Our compensation calculator gives an indication of how much you might be entitled to based upon your injuries. Jefferies Solicitors will take these different details relating to your injury into account when calculating how much compensation you should be awarded, which will then be put forward to the opposing side and the judge.
However, compensation also takes into account any financial losses that you might have suffered as a result of your injuries, such as a loss of earnings due to being unable to return to work. If you have had to pay for treatment or travel to treatment, compensation may also be able to cover this as well. Therefore, you should keep any receipts or other documents that help to outline the extent of your financial losses, as caused by your accident/injuries.
Contact Jefferies Solicitors today to start your claim
At Jefferies, we have decades of experience in helping people who have become injured through no fault of their own. Our specialist solicitors can help you claim the compensation you are entitled to.
If you would like more information about claiming compensation for an accident in a retailer, we’re ready to help you. Call us on 0800 342 3206 or get in touch online.Client reviews