With over 180 stores across the UK, Primark undoubtedly has a huge presence on the high street. Its stores are often very large and busy, with hundreds, even thousands of shoppers visiting each Primark store every day.
If you have been injured while shopping in or working at Primark, you may be entitled to make a claim for compensation.
Our specialist solicitors will be able to advise you whether or not you have a potential claim. Call our team on 0800 342 3206 or contact us online to request a call-back.
Accidents in Primark
Primark has a duty of care to its customers and there are regulations in place to protect shoppers from injury. Primark should take reasonable precautions to reduce the risk of an accident happening. If there are any hazards in its stores, the company should prevent customers from coming in contact with these hazards. It should also ensure that its stores are well-maintained and fit for purpose.
In addition, Primark staff should be properly training in identifying and reacting to hazards within a store. For instance, if there has been a spillage, they should erect a wet floor sign, alerting customers to the spillage and the risk it might pose.
If Primark has failed in its duty to keep you safe while you are shopping in its stores and you become injured as a result, you may have cause to make a Primark injury compensation claim.
Common types of accidents in Primark
There are a number of different kinds of accidents that might occur in Primark, including:
- Slips trips and falls, caused by, for instance, loose items on the floor, spillages or defective flooring
- Injuries caused by falling items such as merchandise falling off shelves onto shoppers
- Falls down stairs or escalators
- Accidents involving lifts
- Injuries caused by poorly maintained or defective signs, stands or shelves
Injured while working for Primark
Over 70,000 people are employed by Primark, either working within one of the company’s stores or warehouses or in its head office. Like all employers, Primark is legally obligated to keep its employees safe while they are at work and must put measures in place in order to do so.
If you have been injured while working for Primark because your employer has failed to provide you with a safe working environment or protect you from hazards, you may be able to claim accident at work compensation.
How to make a claim against Primark
If you are injured as a customer or employee, there are a number of steps you should take if you are considering making a personal injury claim.
- Report your accident as soon as possible afterwards. Inform a member of staff that you have been injured and ask them to record it in the store accident book. If you have been injured at work, tell a colleague and make sure that your accident is recorded.
- Make sure you visit your GP or local A&E to ensure that your injuries are properly assessed and treated.
- Take photos of the accident scene If you have been injured in store by defective equipment or have tripped or fallen. These photos will help a specialist personal injury solicitor to assess the merits of your claim and could be important evidence later on in your case.
- Speak to anyone who witnessed your accident and make a note of their names and contact details. They may be able to provide a witness statement to help strengthen your claim later down
- Contact a solicitor with expertise in personal injury. When making any kind of accident claim, it is essential that you have a specialist on your side. You have just three years from the date of your accident in which to make a claim so it is important that you begin the legal process as soon as possible. If you are a minor or would like to claim on behalf of a child, the three-year timeframe begins on the date of their eighteenth birthday.
Contact Jefferies Solicitors today to start your claim
At Jefferies, we have decades of experience in helping people who have become injured through no fault of their own. Our specialist solicitors can help you claim the compensation you are entitled to.
If you would like more information about claiming compensation for an accident in Primark, we’re ready to help you. Call us on 0800 342 3206 or get in touch online.