Playground Injury Claims
If you have suffered an injury whilst at a playground, you may be eligible to claim compensation. If the accident was not your fault you should talk to us about playground injury claims.
Types of Playground Injury Claims
Accidents at playgrounds can occur for a number of different reasons such as
- Faulty playground equipment
- Poor inspection and maintenance of equipment
- Slip, trip and fall hazards
- Poorly designed play equipment
There are laws that cover the expected safety of playgrounds. Acts of Parliament that cover children’s playgrounds include:
- Occupiers’ Liability Acts 1957, 1984
- Occupiers’ Liability (Scotland) Act 1960
- Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
Playground equipment is covered under the British Standard EN 1176 which states the standards playground equipment should meet. The laws and standards are in place to keep users of playground equipment safe. If there has been negligence, and you have suffered an injury you could claim compensation.
As most playgrounds are run by the local authority, your claim will probably be made against the local council.CONTACT OUR EXPERTS TODAY
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I HAVE A PLAYGROUND INJURY?
- Report the incident to the local authority, or if it is a privately-owned playground the operator so that they can make an official record of it.
- Take photos of what has happened-injuries and the scene of the accident.
- Get the details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Evidence of a loss of earnings if your injury has resulted in you needing time off work. Documents related to other financial expenditures connected to your injuries may also be required. This could include travel receipts to and from medical appointments.
- Seek medical attention.
MAKING A PLAYGROUND CHILD ACCIDENT CLAIM
If you would like to talk to us about an accident involving your child and need advice about making a child accident compensation claim call us free on 0800 342 3206.TRY THE ONLINE ELIGIBILITY CHECKER
HOW MUCH COMPENSATION CAN I GET FOR MY PLAYGROUND INJURY?
Every accident and injury is unique and therefore compensation is decided on a case-by-case basis. The extent of your injuries is the most important factor in determining how much compensation you will be owed.
However, compensation also takes into account any financial losses that you might have suffered as a result of your injuries, such as a loss of earnings due to being unable to return to work.
Our compensation calculator will give you an indication of how much you might be entitled to based upon your injuries.
PLAYGROUND INJURY CLAIMS, CONTACT JEFFERIES TODAY
To learn more and to discuss your potential claim in confidence, contact our team on 0800 342 3206. Alternatively, complete our online contact form to arrange an initial no-obligation telephone consultation with a member of our expert team.