Claims Against Nando’s
If you have been injured while visiting or working at a restaurant in the past three years, you may be able to make a claim for compensation. Talk to us about your accident and possible claim against Nando’s and we can advise you if you can make a personal injury compensation claim. We are here to help you.
All restaurants are legally obliged to ensure the health and safety of their customers and staff. They must adhere to health and safety responsibilities, but when neglected, this is when injuries occur.
CONTACT THE CLAIMS EXPERTS
Jefferies Solicitors have over 25 years of experience in dealing with compensation claims. If you have suffered an injury because of an accident that wasn’t your fault, we’ll guide you every step of the way and help you win the compensation you’re entitled to.
If you have been in an accident at work or in a public place then contact us on 0800 342 3206 or get in touch online.
Except for children, there is a three-year time limit on making a personal injury claim. This time limit begins from the date that the accident occurred. You should contact a personal injury solicitor as soon as possible to assess your case.
ACCIDENTS IN claims against NANDO’S
Restaurants have a duty of care to keep their staff and their customers safe. Workers should be properly trained in identifying and reacting to any potential issues within the restaurants. For instance, if there has been a spillage, they should erect a wet floor sign – which will alert customers to the spillage whilst they arrange for the area to be cleaned.
If a restaurant fails in its duty of care towards customers and their staff, then they become the liable party for a compensation claim.MAKE AN ENQUIRY TODAY
There are a number of different kinds of accidents that might occur in any restaurant, including:
- Soft tissue damage from kitchen utensils, broken glass, or sharp objects
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Burns from hot plates/food or from working with dangerous kitchen equipment without having received adequate training.
- Food poisoning or food allergies
- Falls from height such as falling down stairs or from ladders
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO IF YOU HAVE AN ACCIDENT AT NANDO’S
- Seek medical attention from a member of staff.
- Report the accident to the restaurant. They will record this in their accident book, which will be an essential piece of evidence when making a claim. You will need to ask to see the accident report and you should check the accident circumstances have been described accurately. You do not need to sign the entry immediately and you can wait until you feel better to sign this or you can refuse and note your refusal to do so if you believe the report is inaccurate.
- Take photographs of the scene and your injuries.
- Identify witnesses and take their details.
- Keep any receipts for financial loss as a result of the accident
- Contact Jefferies Solicitors.
INJURED WHILE WORKING FOR NANDO’S?
All restaurants are legally obligated to keep their employees safe while they are at work and must put measures in place in order to do so.
If you’ve been injured at work in an incident that came about due to your employer neglecting their duty of care, you may be entitled to compensation.
To do this you will need to be able to demonstrate that:
- You were an employee of the company
- Your employer neglected their duty of care
- This negligence was the cause of your injury
Being able to demonstrate these points indicates that your employer is responsible for your injury due to the breach of their duty of care. In that case, you should seek legal advice from the expert team of personal injury lawyers at Jefferies Solicitors. If you are eligible, they will fight your case to secure you the compensation you deserve.
For more information see our accidents at work page.MAKE AN ENQUIRY TODAY
AMOUNT OF COMPENSATION FOR CLAIMS AGAINST NANDO’S
All personal injury cases are unique and so the amount of compensation awarded in each case is also unique. The amount of compensation that is awarded is determined by looking at two distinct categories– general damages and special damages.
The pain and suffering that your injuries have caused is the main factor that is used to determine how much compensation you are owed. This will usually be determined by undergoing a medical examination, from which a report is created that outlines the length of time the injuries will take to heal as well as their severity.
Our compensation calculator gives an indication of how much you might be entitled to based upon your injuries. Jefferies Solicitors will take these different details relating to your injury into account when calculating how much compensation you should be awarded, which will then be put forward to the opposing side and the judge.
However, compensation also takes into account any financial losses that you might have suffered as a result of your injuries. If you have had to pay for treatment or travel to treatment, compensation may also be able to cover this as well. Therefore, you should keep any receipts or other documents that help to outline the extent of your financial losses, as caused by your accident/injuries.
CLAIMS AGAINST NANDO’S, START TODAY
If you think you might have a case for claims against Nando’s, then please contact us for informal advice. We operate on a no-win, no-fee basis.
To learn more and to discuss your potential claim in confidence, contact our team on 0800 342 3206. Alternatively, complete our online contact form to arrange an initial no-obligation telephone consultation with a member of our expert team.