Face Injury Compensation
If you have suffered an injury to your face in an accident that was not your fault you may be able to claim compensation. If you think you may have a claim talk to us about face injury compensation and we will let you know if you have a case. We will talk with you about what has happened to you and the injuries you have suffered and we will let you know if we think you may be able to claim.
WHAT TYPE OF FACIAL INJURY CAN I CLAIM FOR?
There are many different kinds of facial injury and they can be caused in a number of ways, for instance:
- You might be involved in an incident at work.
- You might be involved in a slip, trip or fall accident.
- You could have injured your face while participating in a contact sport like rugby or boxing.
- You could be the victim of an assault or another violent crime.
WHAT TO DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT
- If you are in a public place, or you are at work, report the incident so an official record can be made of the accident in an accident book.
- Take photos of what has happened-injuries and the scene of the accident.
- Get the details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Seek medical attention
- Evidence of a loss of earnings if your injury has resulted in you needing time off work. Documents related to other financial expenditures connected to your injuries may also be required. This could include travel receipts to and from medical appointments.
AMOUNT OF COMPENSATION IN FACE INJURY COMPENSATION AMOUNTS
All personal injury cases are unique and so the amount of compensation that is awarded in each case is also unique. The amount of compensation that is awarded is determined by looking at two distinct factors – general damages and special damages.
The pain and suffering that your injuries have caused is the main factor that is used to determine how much compensation you are owed. This will usually be determined by undergoing a medical examination, from which a report is created that outlines the length of time the injuries will take to heal as well as their severity.
Our compensation calculator gives an indication of how much you might be entitled to based upon your injuries.
However, compensation also takes into account any financial losses that you might have suffered as a result of your injuries, such as a loss of earnings due to being unable to return to work. If you have had to pay for treatment or travel to treatment, compensation may also be able to cover this as well. Therefore, you should keep any receipts or other documents that help to outline the extent of your financial losses, as caused by your accident/injuries.
Except for children, there is a three-year time limit on making a personal injury claim. This time limit begins from the date that the accident occurred. You should contact us as soon as possible.
FACE INJURY CLAIMS, START YOUR CLAIM TODAY
Our experts at Jefferies Solicitors are well-experienced in dealing with a range of different case types. We understand how traumatic sustaining an injury can be and so we want to make the process of claiming compensation as stress-free as possible.
To learn more and to discuss your potential claim in confidence, contact our team on 0800 342 3206. Alternatively, complete our online contact form to arrange an initial no-obligation telephone consultation with a member of our expert team.