Have a question? Call us FREE on
0800 342 3206 |
0333 323 1422

Claiming For A Road Accident Against A Member Of Your Family

Home » Personal Injury Claims » Road Traffic Accident Claims » Claiming For A Road Accident Against A Member Of Your Family

No win no fee injury claims

Call our solicitors on

0800 342 3206



I am delighted with the outcome of my claim and can’t thank you enough for all the hard work that you put in. Everything went so smoothly and all I had to do was sign some papers and everything was taken care of. Anytime I had any concerns I knew I could call and my mind was always put at rest. You can never know how much this means to me and I am so grateful. If anything ever happened to me again then I would come straight to you.

L Smith from Lincoln
See more testimonials

Whatever kind of circumstances have led to your road traffic accident, the aftermath is always a stressful time. If you experienced an accident that was not your fault then this can be even more troubling. However, it is most stressful when the blameworthy party is a member of your family or close relative. Claiming for a road accident against a member of your family is probably not an appealing prospect.

If you’ve been injured in this way, it’s advisable to take your case to a specialised personal injury lawyer. They will remove any worries you have about dealing directly with the insurance company. They’ll also organise all negotiations and communications for you. What’s more, they’ll reassure you that you do have a right to make a compensation claim in these circumstances.

Common RTA Claims Involving Family Members

There are a number of scenarios in which an accident could have been caused by a member of your family. You could have been a pedestrian at the time, a passenger in any type of vehicle or a pillion passenger on a motorbike.

Commonly, family member claims arise when parents are driving children. For example, your child might be riding in a car with a family member when a collision with either a stationary object or a moving vehicle occurs.

If your child has been involved in an accident caused by a family member or relative, they too can claim. For all under 18s personal injury claims, there must be a litigation friend available to represent them. This person is not allowed to have a ‘conflict of interest’ so if you were in the same accident you will not be able to be a litigation friend. However, another parent or grandparent not involved in the accident could.

Making A Car Accident Claim With Motor Injury Lawyers

If you have been in a road accident with a member of your family and he/she was at fault, you could be able to make a personal injury claim.

Helping You When Claiming For A Road Accident Against A Member Of Your Family

Jefferies Solicitors often work with clients on road accident claims where a family member has been responsible for the incident. If you would like to learn more about starting the claims process, contact our team today on 0800 342 3206. Our friendly and sensitive team of advisors will be happy to answer your questions about claiming after a road accident against a member of your family.

Share this page