LEGAL SECRETARY – MATERNITY COVER
The company & role
Jefferies Solicitors is an Award-winning Personal Injury firm who are currently looking for a Legal Secretary to assist their busy and well established Personal Injury team with a strong emphasis on providing outstanding client care and service. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a thriving firm located in the heart of Altrincham town centre with easy and accessible transport routes. The firm has an excellent reputation for career development at all levels and a solid strategy in place for future growth. The role is on a fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave until January 2023.
You will be working for two of the firm’s solicitors in providing Secretarial support to the team, handling client enquiries and preparing documents where required. The role is an immediate start for the right candidate.
We are keen to speak with applicants who can demonstrate a genuine interest in Personal Injury or Clinical Negligence work and who possess the following:
· Complete administrative duties such as photocopying, answering and directing phone calls and dealing with client queries where possible.
· Proactively supporting lawyers with the day to day progression of files.
· Liaising with clients and other professions and third parties as well as internal teams in a courteous and helpful manner
· Schedule meetings with clients and conferences with Counsel and experts
· Arrange Legal Hearings and court attendance
· Process third party invoices
· Organising the team’s diary entries and task lists through the use of the firm’s case management system.
· Ability to work well as part of a team
· Possesses a courteous and professional demeanour
· Attention to detail
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Some experience working within the Personal Injury sector would be preferable but not mandatory.
· Aptitude to proactively maintain and manage your own workload
· Confidence and ability to meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent client care service skills
· Proficient in Microsoft office
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
If you believe this opportunity is for you, then please email a covering letter and CV to Deborahlc@jefferiessolicitors.com