Claims Against A Council
If you have had any kind of injury on property owned by a local authority, you could be able to make a compensation claim against a local council.
If you think you may be entitled to a compensation claim against a local council, contact our legal experts. Call us on 0800 342 3206 or complete our online claim form.
Common Compensation Claims Against A Local Council
Many public areas are owned and maintained by a council. The following are types of claims that are made frequently against a local authority:
- Slips, trips and falls. e.g. if you have tripped over a concrete slab that has been raised and caused a hazard.
- A workplace accident claim against the council can arise if you have been injured while working for your local authority. For example, if you are a refuse collector and have not been given the correct protective clothing.
- Accident claims involving children can happen if there has been an injury in a park or school.
- Pothole claims can begin if an unrepaired pothole in the road has caused you to have a car accident and resulted in subsequent injuries.
Personal Injury Claim Against Councils – Further Advice
Claims against a council must be started within three years of the accident or within the three years after you first had knowledge of your injuries. For your claim to be successful, it must be clearly proven that the council was to blame for your accident.
Evidence is also helpful in many personal injury cases and can be pivotal in proving negligence. You can gather evidence and help strengthen your claim by:
- obtaining photographs of the scene of the accident
- taking pictures of a defect in the road or pavement if you have slipped on a pavement or had an accident because of a pothole
- gaining relevant witness statements, as well as names and addresses of witnesses and other parties involved in the accident
Making A Personal Injury Claim Against A Local Council
If you believe you have been injured as a result of a council’s negligence, you should contact a personal injury lawyer. At Jefferies, our expert and friendly team of no win, no fee solicitors are happy to discuss your accident. If you would like further advice on compensation claims against a local council call us on 0800 342 3206 or get in touch online.
Make a claim now by calling 0800 342 3206 orStart your claim