Call us free on0800 342 3206

We can help…

Please call us on 0800 342 3206 or fill in the form below and we’ll do the rest.

I agree to be contacted by Jefferies Solicitors

We will only use your personal information provided here to deal with your enquiry. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Contact or call us for free on 0800 342 3206
We'll talk through the details of your claim
Don't worry, we'll take care of everything
We'll work hard to secure you the compensation you deserve

If you have had any kind of injury on property that is owned by the local authority, you could be able to make a compensation claim against the council if you can prove it has been negligent.

Common Claims Against A Council

Many public areas are owned and maintained by the council; the following are types of claims that are made frequently against a local authority:

  • Slips, trips and falls. e.g. if you have tripped over a concrete slab that has been raised and caused a hazard
  • A workplace accident claim against the council can arise if you have been injured while working for your local authority. For example, if you are a refuse collector and have not been given the correct protective clothing.
  • Accident claims involving children can happen if there has been an injury in a park or school
  • Pothole claims can begin if an unrepaired pothole in the road has caused you to have a car accident that has resulted in subsequent injuries

Personal Injury Claim Against Councils – Further Advice

Like most other types of personal injury claim, those against a council must be started within three years of the accident happening or within the three years after you first had knowledge of your injuries. Again, like all other successful personal injury cases, it must be clearly proven that there was a third party to blame for your accident.

Evidence is also helpful in many personal injury cases. If you can obtain photographs then this can be pivotal in proving negligence. Taking pictures of a defect in the road or pavement, gaining relevant witness statements, as well as names and addresses of witnesses and other parties involved in a road accident, are all useful in ensuring there is no uncertainty about liability.

Making A Personal Injury Claim Against A Local Council

If you believe you have been injured as a result of negligence by the council, it is first of all advisable to speak to a personal injury lawyer about your case. Jefferies no win, no fee solicitors have an expert and friendly team who will be more than happy to discuss your case in more detail. If you would like further advice on making personal injury claims against local council authorities please call us on 0800 342 3206 or get in touch online.

Make a claim now by calling 0800 342 3206 or

Start your claim

We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we assume that you consent to our use of cookies on this device. You can change your cookie settings at any time but if you do, you may lose some functionality on our website. More information can be found in our Cookie Info and Privacy Policy.