Claims Against IKEA
Do you work for IKEA or are you an ex-employee or customer who has suffered an accident at IKEA? If you have been injured due to an accident, you could be entitled to claim compensation.
It doesn’t matter whether you were a customer, employee or contractor, if your injuries were caused by working conditions and failings in health and safety by IKEA or negligence on their part, then you could be eligible to claim thousands of pounds in compensation for which you deserve.
Contact the claims experts
Jefferies Solicitors have over 25 years’ experience in dealing with compensation claims. If you have suffered an injury because of an accident that wasn’t your fault, we’ll guide you every step of the way and help you win the compensation you are entitled to.
If you have been in an accident at work or in a public place then contact us on 0800 342 3206 or get in touch online. We have helped clients that have been injured in all kinds of health and safety-related accidents.
IKEA Accident Claims
As a company, IKEA has a duty of care towards all their staff and customers. This means that it must provide a safe and suitable public space and working environment. If IKEA fail to follow health and safety procedures and this causes an accident, the company could be liable for any injuries sustained and may have to pay the compensation.
At Jefferies, our expert personal injury solicitors can help you claim compensation if you have been injured at IKEA. We are a highly regarded firm within the industry and have won a vast number of work injury compensation cases for our clients.
Our clients often receive compensation pay-outs for store and warehouse injuries. What’s more, we offer every client a no win, no fee service, so you don’t have to pay upfront to make your claim.
If you do have grounds on which to make an IKEA injury claim, we will let you know how much compensation you may receive.
Types of store and warehouse injuries
IKEA stores are potentially very hazardous environments to work in. Serious injuries can occur if proper standards of health and safety are not maintained.
Some of the common ways injuries are sustained by staff and customers can include, but not limited to:
- Slips, trips and falls from spillages.
- Car park injuries
- Kitchen injuries from hot oil or equipment
- Food health and hygiene illnesses
- Falls from ladders
- Manual handling injuries
- Racking and storage injuries
- Working temperatures injuries
- Objects falling – if boxes and equipment are stored on high shelves and not properly packed away, they can fall, causing injuries
- Exposure to harmful substances – harmful chemicals can be used in warehouses, either for cleaning or other purposes
Some of the common IKEA injuries include:
- Crush injuries – from falling objects and racking.
- Back injuries – due to manual handling accidents and slips, trips or falls.
- Chemical burns – from employers not providing the right Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and training.
- Heat burns – from oil or equipment.
- Food poisoning – from out-of-date food or lack of health and hygiene controls.
If you have suffered an injury due to an IKEA warehouse or store accident, that you believe was not your fault, you could be owed thousands of pounds in compensation. Call our experts today for a no-obligation discussion to find out more.
Start your claim today
If you think you might have a case or would like to learn more about claims against IKEA, please contact us for informal advice. We operate on a no win, no fee basis.
Start your compensation claim with Jefferies Solicitors today. You can either call 0800 342 3206 or enquire online and one of our team will be in touch with you to discuss your potential personal injury claim in more detail.