Costco Injury Claims
Whether you are an employee or a customer of a wholesaler, if you have experienced an accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to claim compensation. Talk to us about Costco injury claims.
Call our specialists on 0800 342 3206 to arrange a no-obligation confidential conversation about your accident.
Possible Accidents at Costco
Wholesalers have to adhere to strict health and safety standards set out by the government’s Health and Safety Executive and other standard-setting organisations. If you have experienced an accident in a wholesaler that was due to the company’s inability to follow health and safety regulations or simply due to staff negligence, then you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries. While there are numerous different ways in which an accident can occur in a wholesaler, below are some of the more common methods of injury:
• Falling on wet or slippery surfaces
• Hit by heavy produce due to items not being stacked properly
• Falling due to uneven flooring or another uneven surface
• Injured due to a shopping trolley or a cage being left unattended and in an obstructing place
No matter the method of injury, if the accident was not your fault you may be owed compensation.
Possible Costco Injury Claims
There are numerous types of injuries that someone could sustain while working or shopping at a wholesaler. Some of the most common injuries are:
• Broken bones
• Bone fractures
• Head injuries
• Hip or shoulder dislocation
• Spinal cord damage
• More serious lacerations
WHAT TO DO AFTER AN ACCIDENT AT COSTCO?
- Report the incident to a staff member so they can make an official record of it in their accident book.
- Take photos of what has happened-injuries and the scene of the accident.
- Get the details of any witnesses to the accident.
- Evidence of a loss of earnings if your injury has resulted in you needing time off work. Documents related to other financial expenditures connected to your injuries may also be required. This could include travel receipts to and from medical appointments.
- Seek medical attention
AMOUNT OF COMPENSATION in Costco Injury Claims
All personal injury cases are unique and so the amount of compensation that is awarded in each case is also unique. The amount of compensation that is awarded is determined by looking at two specific factors – general damages and special damages.
The pain and suffering that your injuries have caused is the main factor that is used to determine how much compensation you are owed.
However, compensation also takes into account any financial losses that you might have suffered as a result of your injuries, such as a loss of earnings due to being unable to return to work.
Except for children, there is a three-year time limit on making a personal injury claim. This time limit begins from the date that the accident occurred. You should contact a personal injury solicitor as soon as possible to assess your case.
At first, we will need some initial details about the specifics of the injuries you have received. Please contact us today on 0800 342 3206 or through our online form to get started. A member of our team will quickly be in touch to discuss your case in a friendly yet professional manner where confidentiality is ensured.