I have today received the cheque for £11,500 for which together with the other monies obtained by you on my behalf I shall be eternally grateful. Please accept my sincere thanks for all you have achieved for me in what has been a very trying time, you have taken a lot of the stress out of what has been very stressful for me by your very professional approach. Best regards to you for the future and our heartfelt thanks.
See more testimonials
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome is a condition acquired usually after an injury to a limb. The subsequent extreme burning pain and/or difficulty moving or touching the affected area are not necessarily indicative of how severe the original injury is i.e. if you have suffered a small fracture, the pain of CRPS can be overwhelming and out of proportion to what would be considered a minor injury.
The result of the condition sometimes called Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy can be debilitating and can mean serious consequences for sufferers. It is therefore understood that if you have experienced this condition you would want to know how much compensation for CRPS.
Compensation Settlement Amounts For CRPS
- Severe cases include individuals who have been given a poor prognosis and they have been rendered unable to work or the ability to work has been significantly decreased. Cases like this often also require the help of professional carers and sometimes psychological problems are also present. Settlement amounts are in the region of £37,500 up to £60,000 for these types of circumstances. The higher end of this bracket is given to those who have been told that the condition has spread to other limbs
- Between £20,000 and £37,500 is the settlement amounts reserved for those who are considered to be moderately affected by CRPS. Future improvement has been deemed possible in some of these instances and there has usually been a long period of suffering
- Those who have suffered from CRPS for several years with intermittent pain on varying levels will also fall into the £20,000 – £37,500 bracket. Medication is often used effectively in these cases and there is usually no requirement for care
- Other severe pain disorders which are not classed as CRPS see victims claiming between £30,000 – £40,000 also. These cases include people who are suffering from long-term pain even though they are receiving treatment
- Approximately £27,500 is granted to those individuals who have experienced pain on a lower level but it is still on-going. £15,000 is normally given to the same kinds of cases where there has been a recovery or almost full recovery
Can I Make A CRPS Claim With Jefferies Solicitors?
Yes. We can help you with your personal injury claim and we can ensure that it is performed on a *no win no fee basis. If you would like to know more about how much compensation for CRPS then we will be happy to assist you. Call us on 0800 342 3206.